Saturday, April 16, 2011

Budget Travel - The World on a Shoestring

So I’m giving a guest lecture for Seinan Jo Gakuin’s English Department. At first, I couldn’t decide what to talk about. I thought about it for a bit, and instead of choosing something more… academic, I decided to do something more fun.

03
Besides… did I mention that it’s 西南学院?

I've found that many people in Japan use travel agents to book trips. I'm sure you've seen them--bus loads of Japanese tourists visiting sights throughout the world. But even though many Japanese love traveling, it seems that the backpacking culture so prevalent amongst other nationalities is not as popular. So while I’m by no means an expert, I can share tips and stories from my travels. I can talk about my favorite hobby and promote what I think is a better way to travel.

Or at least show there are ways to travel that don't involve following a tour guide with a brightly colored umbrella.


If you have any tips of your own, please comment and let me know.

1 comment:

  1. The Japanese just find it convenient to use travel packages than going out on their own. It will be hard to convince them otherwise.

    pattaya apartments

    ReplyDelete